Visit Genting Highlands | Genting Cable Car Timings, Location, Tickets & More
The Genting Cable Car is an aerial gondola lift system that takes visitors up to visit Genting Highlands. There are two cable car routes that travel this route (the Genting SkyWay and the Awana SkyWay). The main route, the Awana SkyWay, connects Awana SkyCentral and SkyAvenue Complex near the mountain peak.
Why Visit Genting Highlands?
When to Visit Genting Highlands on the Genting Cable Car?
Best Time To Visit Genting Highland
The Genting Highlands have the mildest weather between March and September.
If you want to get the best and clearest views of the surrounding mountains, try to go on a ride in the morning before 10 AM.
If you are hoping to catch the sunset, go during the late afternoon or early evening, between 5 and 7 PM.
Where is the Genting Cable Car Located?
Awana SkyWay Address: Level 4, Awana SkyCentral, 69000 Genting Highlands, Bentong, Pahang, Malaysia
- Find On Map
- Awana SkyWay starts from Awana Station. It is situated on Level 4 of Awana SkyCentral in Pahang.
Genting SkyWay Address: Genting SkyWay, Gohting Jaya, 48200 Batang Kali, Genting Highlands, Selangor, Malaysia
- Find On Map
- The Genting SkyWay starts from Gohtong Jaya township in the Genting Highlands, which is, about 51 km from Kuala Lumpur.
Buy Genting Cable Car Tickets to Visit Genting Highlands
How to Get to the Genting Highland Cable Car by Bus
Getting to Awana SkyWay
- You can take the Go Genting Express Bus from Kuala Lumpur to Awana Station, just buy tickets from the many Go Genting Ticket Counters in the KL Sentral building (tickets are not available online).
- Get off at Awana Bus Terminal (on Level 1) and head up to the Awana SkyWay station on Level 4.
- Tickets start from RM4.90 for a one-way ride
Getting to Genting SkyWay
- You can take a Genting Express Bus from KL Sentral or Puduraya Bus Terminal in Kuala Lumpur to the Genting SkyWay Station. Buses run 7 days a week, arriving every 20 minutes.
- The nearest bus stop is Genting Bus Station in Gohtong Jaya, and from here you can walk up to the cable car station.
- Tickets start from RM4.90 for a one-way ride
Driving to the Genting Highlands
- It is possible to take a car or taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Genting Highlands
- Either drive you all the way to your hotel or stop at Awana Station or Gohtong Jaya to take the cable car.
- Fares will cost between RM 117 - RM 175.50 to reach Genting.
- You can drive all the way up to the Awana Skyway or the Genting SkyWay.
- Parking slots for the Awana SkyWay are available in the basement and on various levels of the Awana SkyCentral building
- There are also lots of parking slots available at the Genting Car Park as well as the cable car station.
Know Before You Visit Genting Highlands
Lockers: Any bags and luggage can be stored at the Baggage Storage Service at the Awana SkyCentral building for RM5 per bag for 24 hours. Lockers are also available on Level 2 of SkyAvenue and at Genting Skyway Station.
Toilets: There are a number of restrooms available at the stations.
Baby Changing: Most of the restrooms have baby changing facilities. At SkyCentral they are available on Levels 1, 3, and 4.
Charging Stations: There are free charging ports available at the stations and also on the Awana SkyWay gondolas themselves.
- The Genting Cable Car is accessible by wheelchair. It is possible to get into the stations using ramps and elevators.
- You can also rent a wheelchair from Level 1 of SkyAvenue. A deposit of RM100 is required, but this will be refunded upon the return of the wheelchair.
- Of the two types of Awana SkyWay gondolas, the standard ones can accommodate wheelchair users while the glass-floor gondolas cannot.
- However, it is recommended to use a foldable wheelchair, as the equipment needs to be folded on board for safety reasons.
Gohtong Jaya is a township that has a number of shops, including Mini Cameron, and Genting Premium Outlets, a boutique shopping complex.
Awana SkyCentral has two floors of retail outlets that sell everything from souvenirs to clothes, electronics, cosmetics, and even luxury goods.
SkyAvenue Station is part of a large mall that has over 100 brands and shops.
Gohtong Jaya township has many excellent restaurants, including a number of fast-food options, like Starbucks, Chicken Rice Shop, Wendy's and Baskin Robbins at Genting Premium Outlets.
Awana SkyCentral has over 15 restaurants and eateries to choose from. Highlights include Taste of Asia for the best East Asian snacks, The Baker’s Cottage for ice creams and pastries, Wanhoi Char Chan Tian for street food, and Kenny Rogers Roasters for some chicken.
SkyAvenue is a large mall with many eating options such as - La Fiesta for Spanish food, Palsaik Korean BBQ, ACME Bar.Coffee a fusion restaurant, and Tokyo Secret.
Budget Hotels: First World Hotel, Homestay at Amber Court, Geo38 Premier Suites by MAPLEHOME
Mid-Range Hotels: Genting SkyWorlds Hotel, Resort Hotel Awana, Windmill Upon Hills Genting by Widebed
Luxury Hotels: Crockfords, Genting Grand, Highlands Hotel
Lim Gohtong Memorial Park: a park that commemorates Lim Goh Tong, the founder of Genting Highlands.
Happy Bee Farm: an apiary near Gohtong Jaya, where you can learn all about honey production.
Strawberry Leisure Farm: attraction in Gohtong Jaya, with hydroponic strawberry farms and gardens.
Mini Cameron: a popular farmer’s market and shopping center in Gohtong Jaya.
Chin Swee Caves Temple: a Taoist religious site in the Genting Highlands that honors the Buddhist figure Chin Swee.
SkyAvenue: a lifestyle mall with shops, restaurants, and activities.
All Your Questions About Using the Genting Cable Car to Visit Genting Highlands Answered
A. The best way to visit Genting Highlands is by taking the Genting Cable Car.
A. The best time to visit the Genting Highlands is between the months of March and September.
A. You can buy Genting cable car tickets online here.
A. Yes, you can buy Genting cable car tickets online here.
A. The Genting Cable Car is an aerial gondola lift system that takes visitors up to the Genting Highlands.
A. The Awana SkyWay operates from 7 AM – 10 PM, while the Genting SkyWay runs from 7:30 AM – 12 AM.
A> The best way to get to the Genting Cable Car is by bus or taxi.
A. The Awana SkyWay stops at stations – Awana Station, Chin Swee Station and SkyAvenue Station. The gEnting SkyWay stops at two stations — Gohtong Jaya Station and Resort Hotel Station
A. The Genting Skyway and the Awana Skyway are two of the major routes of the Genting Cable Car. The Genting SkyWay runs from Gohtong Jaya to Resort Hotel in the Genting Highlands. Awana SkyWay runs from Awana Station to SkyAvenue Station.
A. The Awana SkyWay takes 10 minutes, while the Genting SkyWay takes 15 minute.
A. Yes, the standard gondolas are wheelchair accessible.
A. The gondolas of the Awana SkyWay can carry 6-10 passengers, while those along the Genting SkyWay can carry 8 passengers in each cabin.